Tuesday, October 13, 2009

GreaseMonkey is very handy!

I knew about Greasemonkey Firefox addon but have never really dig deep to see how to write a script.


"Greasemonkey is a Mozilla Firefox add-on that allows users to install scripts that make on-the-fly changes to HTML web page content on the DOMContentLoaded event, which happens immediately after it is loaded in the browser (also known as augmented browsing). As Greasemonkey scripts are persistent, the changes made to the web pages are executed every time the page is opened, making them effectively permanent for the user running the script." -- Wikipedia
I found a nice  website that helped me to get into Greasemonkey spirit of things.

To better understand it,  I wrote a small script to import new citation from Google's scholar to CiteUlike. I got tired of Copy&Pasting. Ther script is very easy and handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment